Search This Blog

2016/05/31

Log 2016053102

I got to the storage facility with enough time to change the fuel filter, but my ChiltonDIY account didn't want to login on my Tablet.  I just now contacted customer support and I hope that they can do something about it.  But if I remember from when I had it years ago, it only worked on a laptop or desktop computer then, too.  If that has to be the case, then I'll just bring my laptop.  But things are really "pushing it" tomorrow.  

I used a multimeter and tested the cab's battery.  It came back 12V just as it should.  And the motorhome started right up, which is odd because I was expecting that mystery power drain to kill the battery since I haven't started it in 2 days.

I needed to know the procedure for bleeding off the fuel line pressure so I could install the new fuel filter.  Since I'm at my desktop computer now, I'll just study the procedure tonight and bring the laptop tomorrow.

In the meantime, I tested the brake light signal on the trailer hitch and was getting about 0.8V on the multimeter.  However, I was not able to get the trailer hitch brake light to work.  And I forgot to check the turn signals.

I upgraded from a 20 to a 30amp fuse in the new cigarette lighter power port.  But the 4 way splitter that I have plugged into it only runs on 5amps.  The tablet is loosing more battery power than it's charging when hooked up to the USB power on it.  I just found out that my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 only came built with a microUSB v2.0.  It really should have came with a 3.0.  Unless the USB port in the splitter is only 1.1, there's really nothing that I can do to increase it's power.

Well, I downloaded "Ampre" from the Google Play store for my Android smartphone.  And I've tested it out here with my desktop computer and the tablet's stock USB AC charger.  My computer's USB ports read at 450mA, while the charger comes in at 1200mA.  I bet that the USB ports in that splitter are cheap.  So tomorrow, I plan to test it's ports.  I have a USB lighter adapter plugged into one of the ports for my smartphone.  And I think I can vaguely remember specifically getting it because it charges at a higher rate???  So, I'll test that, too.  If it comes up at a greater power, it has two USB ports and I'll just use that for both.

Now, the splitter actually has a tip at the end of it's adapter.  It's only a 5A.  Seeing that both devices would need 1.2A each, there's still 3 other ports that could have something plugged into them, so maybe a 10A replacement inline fuse might be needed?

No comments:

Post a Comment