Search This Blog

2016/05/18

Log 2015051802

A member of the BTA is attempting to assemble a new chapter in NE Ohio.  And I committed myself to leading the first hike in to serve as a demonstration should they ever have a booth at the Great Geauga County Fair.

Also today, I purchased a 6ft by 3/4" brass plumbing pipe with a 90° fit on connector and some adapters so that I could make a wash wand for my 10ft tall motorhome.  I'll be staying at National Forest and State Park Campgrounds.  As far as I know, there is no regulation regarding camper and RV washing at Ohio State Parks.  My goal particularly is to keep the under body as clean as I can.  But there's also the fuel mileage to consider when going from campground to campground to storage, too.

For the next few weeks, I'll be without the car.  Which means that the motorhome in concert with my bicycle will need to be strategically placed as I hike or volunteer.  This will probably be more difficult to do with the motorhome because you just can't turn in around in the road like my Chevy HHR.  There's the scene in the movie "Austin Powers: Imperial Man of Mystery" where he's turning a golf cart around in a tunnel.  And he's going forwards and back a ridiculous amount of times.  That's what getting the HHR turned around is like on some roads near the Buckeye Trail.

I'm going to work on some electric things tomorrow on my motorhome and see if I can get the auxiliary batteries jumped enough to turn over the generator.  I'll want to put fresh bait in my mouse traps, too to see if they'll do anything.  Because a couple days from now, I'm going to sterilize their nests, scat and every surface with bleach water and Lysol.  I plan to Lysol the floors (specifically) first, then everything else second.

On my 1988 Itasaca Sundancer 25ft motorhome with a Ford Econoline E-350 cutaway, I found that my hazard flashers worked after all.  They don't blink if the brakes are applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment