Search This Blog

2016/05/18

Log 2016051801

My 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome with a Ford Econoline 350 cutaway has a 302 cubic inch, 8 cylinder, fuel injected 5.7 liter engine.

Yesterday I drove to the autoparts store to get a dome light replaced.  It's a bulb mounted to a 1/2" long by 1/4" wide circular copper piece marked C1893 that is mounted to the underside of the generator's run time clock and battery voltage meters.  It's made by Sylvania.  The autoparts will shows the 1988 Ford Econoline as taking their 913 bulb.  This is not correct.

The websites for O'Reilly's, Advanced Autoparts and Auto Zone state that they carry this bulb in stock, but when I was at all three, I couldn't find one that matched it's description.  So, I ordered it on the web to be picked up in the store.  I should get an e-mail from them stating that they're ready for it to be picked up. Let's see how that goes.

I took it out for a spin, probably about 70 miles.  And when I got it out, I topped off the gas tank and put about about 15oz of octane booster in it.  Before the booster, the tank probably consisted of 10% bad gas, 40% 87 octane and the remaining 50% consisted of 89 octane.  Well, when it came to my power problems driving uphill at higher speeds, I use to sputter like the transmission couldn't completely downshift.  Today, it didn't have any problems like that.  So the mixture must have worked.  I'd say that I'm probably one step away from giving the "green light" before trying to haul a 3600lb car on a 750lb tow dolly through any given place in Ohio.

This motorhome has a Class III hitch, but it's rating plate is nowhere to be found.  From what I've seen, this hitch should have a 10,000lb capasity and a tounge weight of no more than 1,000lbs.  But the numbers that I'm seeing for the motor home say no more than about 7,200lbs or so.  From what I've read, a tow dolly's tounge weight should come well within the limit.  Beyond that, it will tow about 4,200 pounds total with my equipment loaded in it.

Other than that, I did use the new navigation today.  I have it's mount suctioned to on a non-slide weighted base that sits on top in the middle of the cup holders area.  I think that I'm going to have to bring it closer and use larger buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment