Search This Blog

2016/05/13

Log 2016051301

For those of you who normally read this log for the Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country Trail, just know that this is the "Treeman's Adventure's and Volunteerism" logs.  The title sets the parameters to everything conceivable within it.  And it's somewhat generic as a result.  This log does cover gear, which the 1988 Itasca Sundancer that I have become so consumed with lately qualifies.

I mounted the deer whistlers today.


This is now going to be the location of the power splitter.  I was going to try and cram it in between the upper and lower layers, but I discovered that it has gills and that I'd probably overheat the unit that way/

This is 6 pin connector near my trailer hitch.  As far as I can see, it's the only port in sight, but the men at the autoparts store don't know what it is?  I know that this motor home has been used to tow ATV's in the past.


This is the end plug that was in the 6 pin connector.


I mounted the new power port under the driver's side dash.  I didn't have any power to run my drill, so I just bored it in with a screw driver.


There wasn't enough room for the power port and it's switch, so I used double sided sticky foam tape and applied it on the other side.


I used double sticky foam on the power port as well just to hold it up while I put in some "elbow grease" on boring those mounting screws in.


Now, for whatever reason, I was still not able to wire it all up yet.  Why??? I'm not there now, so I forgot.

In other news, I started replacing the hardware in the passenger's side bar mirror and CB antenna.  The CB antenna is done, but when I went to crank down on the 5/16th steel bolt that the mirror's aluminum strip mounts with, it snapped.  And by about then, it was nearing the closing time for the storage facility that the motorhome was in.  So, it wasn't worth going to the store for.

The switch has three prongs: power in, power out and a ground.  Well, I've determined that the new power port and the switch will both have to be independently grounded.  That's no big deal, but I was just hoping to do it all in series so that only one wire has to go to the chassis.  And honestly, I might still be able to do that, too.

The auto parts stores have these nice black vinyl "Ford" seat covers that require the head rest to dismount.  They're pricey as in their sold one per package.  I didn't make any "impulsive" buys, but with the motorhome being new to me, I finally remembered to test it and they do come off.

When I bought the motorhome about last week or so, it came with a mouse trap.  Well, I switched it out today for 3 other units that I'm more familiar with.  And I'll be able to see if they get any nibbles.

Last night, I upgraded my AAA coverage to their Premium RV+ package, which won't go into effect until the 20th.  But it was necessary to get because towing the motorhome requires a wrecker (a tow truck for buses and semis).  And the first tow is 200 miles.  That would just about do it for most parts of Ohio where I plan on being.

In the meantime, I took that stack of manuals out of the motorhome so I can read them.  Maybe I can figure out why I don't have AC power when running the generator?

No comments:

Post a Comment