Search This Blog

2016/05/20

Log 2016052001

I'm downloading USGS Topo maps onto my GPS enabled 10" tablet.  I have hiking left on the Scioto Trail, Sinking Spring, Shawnee and West Union Sections of the Buckeye/ North Country/ American Discovery Trail (BT/ NCT/ ADT).  As well as various maintenance tasks on the Whipple Section, particularly in the Wayne National Forest - Marietta Unit.  When I'm looking for roadside campsites, or driving around, accessing various parts of the trail, I'm not from there and I really don't know these roads.

My motorhome is 11,000lbs.  But it's top heavy and rear wheel drive.  I'm not sure how it will react on a gravel road on a long, or steep ascent?  So I'm downloading those topo maps to give me an early warning as to what's coming up before I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment