Search This Blog

2016/05/06

Log 2016050601

The scenario is that years ago I purchased an Acer Iconia Tab A200 tablet with a 10 inch screen to test the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource on.  So far, that's really been all that it's done and it hasn't been used much.  It didn't come GPS capable or with a line of cellular service.  It could be a simple matter of getting a USB GPS and cell service.  But from what I'm told, Android has no natural way of reading a GPS position from a USB port.  Nor does my cellular carrier sell a USB stick that would work with an Android OS.

Rather than purchase a new tablet with Verizon, I'm attempting to see if my smartphones GPS signal could be transmitted over bluetooth to old tablet that I have.  And if so, I found a backup camera that transmits over Wi-Fi.  I'm considering installing that onto the rear bumper.  It's old fashioned metal.  If a cowboy was riding his bike and broke his chain, he could lasso around my bumper and get a ride :-)).  That's from a joke that I once heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment