Search This Blog

2016/05/26

Log 2016052602

The motorhome was purchased this month and I've already invested about $1500 more into it.  It's pretty much at my "breaking point" monetarily for the month.  As mentioned in my previous log, I aborted my trip across Ohio in the first 50 miles.  And I brought it back home struggling rather than use my 200 mile wrecker service with AAA.  Well, I found some money and spent about $115 on tune-up parts and oil today.  Nothing fancy, just general 3,000 mile interval stuff. I figure that if I one day put iridium spark plugs in it that I'll never change them ever again.  And I'd like to switch to a high mileage interval synthetic oil, too.  But that's something for another day.

I was reading that converting to E85 will make the other 15% that's actual gasoline more efficient, but overall, it will loose about 25% of the fuel range (total mileage per tank).  And the claim was that the horsepower should go up 3%, but Car and Driver states that they're really neck and neck.  So, it all comes to a high price of gasoline at the pump.  That might make it more appealing despite the 25% loss in the range?  And it can always be run on 100% 87/89/93 octane until such a time occurs. At the worst gas price that I've ever seen ($5.35), it would cost about $214 to fill my motorhome's 40 gallon gasoline tank.  It has about a 320 mile range at a 8MPG.

No comments:

Post a Comment