Search This Blog

2016/05/21

Log 2016052002

I cut off the 6 flat connector from the trailer wiring harness on my 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome and attached a 7 round/ 4 flat connector.  Well, after I got the 6 flat connector off, I peeled off some tape and found that the system never had electronic braking control, that wire was cut off shortly after the connector.  But there's a component that I haven't been able to identify in the cab.  It's mounted under the dash, rectangular, about 6" long x 4" wide x 1" tall with a plastic knob on a metal rod.  The knob is similar in size to that of car's cigarette lighter.

So the only things that I didn't wire up were the electronic brake controller and the reverse light.  I didn't have (forgive me if I don't know these proper names) was a wire Y splitter where one clips in the power wire, then takes the wire that they're hooking up on the other side, they bring a door down with a little metal bar and it pierces the shielding of both and makes a connection.  What ever that is, I didn't go out to Lowe's and get some until after the storage unit closed.  So it, putting the wires in conduit and tying them up will have to wait until tomorrow.  In the mean time, I have no idea if they work yet, or if they'll blow every fuse in the block?

I had a look around where I live today.  When I bring the motorhome here, I've always parked it between the street and sidewalk.  But the power lines are on my side of the street.  They run right above the street edge of the side walk.  Since I've never tried to surpass that, I've never had cause to worry about it before.  But the driveway is narrow, the power lines come off the pole and supply power and mount to the house at about 8ft near the garage.

The pole that supplies power to the house is about 12" from the edge of the narrow driveway.  On the opposite side is a small tree.  I might be able to get the motorhome most of the way in the driveway, but it might impede the sidewalk.  And because of the pole and the tree, I'm doubting that I can maneuver it into the front yard to wash it with out clipping one of the lines going to the house with the motorhome's heater/ air conditioner?  I guess the only way to know is to get it here and find out?

And I have another site that I could do it parallel parked on the road, but that city forbids it as per code.  The two campsites that I plan on using next are boondocking only.  So, I might have to pay a visit to the nearby state park again to get it washed?

No comments:

Post a Comment