Search This Blog

2016/05/15

Log 2016051502

I did some tweaking to the "Other RV Overnight Opportunities" GPS data.  I created this file for off-line mapping and I see it as kinda like a "playbook" in athletics in the way that it could give me options, or alternatives.  I uploaded the file to Locus Pro (a mapping/ GPS app) on my Android OS tablet.  But I didn't like the way it displayed the placemarks.  So today, I changed the icons in Google Earth so that the points display something that's the same as Walmart's, Pilot's, Flying J's and Travel Centers of America's logos.  Afterwards, I deleted the old tablet file and uploaded the new one.

And for the Walmarts in Ohio where overnighting is forbidden, I changed those placemarks to display a red tinted logo (the rest are the regular blue).  I can toggle my custom data on, or off in Locus.  If I wanted to, I can drive with it on and as the motorhome progresses, it changes the map and shows me everything on the screen contingent to my level of zoom.  Personally, I prefer Google Maps for my turn by turn navigation, but Locus does other things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment