Search This Blog

2016/05/28

Log 2016052801

My Aquatainer that I've used when camping is 27 liters, or 7.13 gallons.  I just had to convert that because my hiking equipment for water is usually measured in metric.  Now just by looking at them, both of my identical water containers in my 1988 Itasca Sundancer motorhome look like they're about 50% larger.  Since my motohome is in storage right now, I did some calculations based at http://www.firsttankguide.net/calculator.php.  I pulled out a measuring tape and made approximate measurements of 30" wide x 15" tall x 12" deep just for one and it came back as stating that it holds 23.4 gallons.  Multiply that by two, it's 46.8 gallons, or 177.16 liters.  Considering the sinks and shower, I believe it, but those containers are somewhat similar to the Aquatainer in volume by the looks of them.

And I did some reading today concerning how long tap water could last without becoming too diseased in a container.  My particular interest was with unrefrigerated water before it needs to be re-purified.  So far, I've seen that unrefrigerated tap water in a container might last as long as 6 months?  This was an answer from a forum and I've been looking at and I'm still trying to find more verifiable, or scientific sources.  It might not be easy to add purification drops to a tank with water already in it because it could be difficult to stir, or bounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment