Search This Blog

2016/08/26

Log 2016082602

The motorhome has a On-board Diagnostic (OBD) I.  It's a Ford Diagnostic Link No. 6 and mine was found with corroded wires and hanging near the front of the battery.  It looks like they had slots that slip on and off of a plastic part that was mounted somewhere?

I also found out today that the current tires were manufactured in the 16th week of 2005.  The wheels need balanced, but I'm 4 years beyond the recommended limit and I'll have to get them all replaced before I a shop can do that because their at risk for a blow out.  While I was in the storage unit, I found out that the bathroom exaust hat's cover blew off in the last rain storm.  I was able to pop it back on, but the metal part between the crank and the rail attached to the plastic lid has been missing, so I had to Gorilla Tape it shut until I could get a replacement.  Camping World in Akron of Summit County didn't have one with a fan in it.

I also used the same said tape to patch up cracks in the OEM front exhaust hat and air conditioner cover.  All of the plastic on the roof is sun bleached and fatigued.  When I was crawling around up there these past few months, I used them to try and stabilize my balance and that's usually a mistake.  Oh well, these are easily replaceable.

I adjusted the fuel range on my tablet's estimated fuel gauge for the loss of 2 gallons (because of what I thought the tank was).

No comments:

Post a Comment