Search This Blog

2016/08/02

Log 2016080201

I'm 6'6 presently.  I grew my last 3/8th of an inch after the Army when I was 25. I got here by being 6'2 in the 6th grade.  And my height really wasn't the thing of envy, but more like the brunt of a joke.  I get it.  To this day, I associate tall = freak.  In fact, I believe that all tall people are freaks.  I was the tallest kid in school from 3rd to the 10th grades.

I left Madison Avenue School in Painesville Township of Lake County, a school that's was charted in 1928 as probably having been the tallest student to have ever walked out of there in what was then it's 67 year history.  Just before then, we had an assembly outside for Arbor Day.  And each year, the school planted a new tree.  Nobody else was taller that it, except me, so from that day on I was called "Treeman" and it stuck.  Sometimes, people still just call me "Tree" for short.

I'm comfortable with it.  This is a story about the North Country Trail in Ohio on it's East Independent Arm.  For those of you who don't know, the Buckeye Trail is 84 miles from Pennsylvania.  I was westbounder on a multi-day hike where I crossed into Ohio and made it into Little Beaver Creek State Park.  This part of the trail is administered by the Great Trail Sandy Beaver Chapter of the North Country Trail Association.

It was dusk and unknown to me then, the Big Foot Hunters were having a gathering in the park that day.  In fact, they had special t-shirts made.  I of course was wearing all 45lbs on my back with a sleeping pad sticking out.  And there were some people down trail who were stopped.  They were looking at me rather strange.  When I approached them, they told me that they thought that I might have been a big foot?

So last year or so, I found this "Big Foot Crossing" aluminum road sign with an mysterious image of Big Foot on it.  I tried to use Gorilla Glue and strip magnet to apply it to my refridgerator, but strip magnet easily pulled away from the sign.  So this time, I fixed it with some JB Weld SteelStik and 1/2" thick magnets.  If it works, I plan on taking with me in my motorhome and displaying it where I camp.

Speaking of the motorhome, I finally put it in the shop to change the spark plugs, wires, rotor, distributor cab and have a diagnostic.  One of the mechanics there told me that depending on the age of the spark plugs, there could be a good chance that one of them might snap before it's completely removed.  He said that in a 351 Windsor engine, it has a tendency to do that with spark plugs of that age.  And it might be possible that if this happens, it could entail taking apart the engine block to get one or more out?

But my experience with this engine so far is suggests that it's been well taken care of.  There's no way the distributor cap or lines are 76,000 miles over 28 years old.  I would definitely know what that would look like.  To be completely honest, I'm optimistic right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment