Search This Blog

2016/08/08

Log 2016080801

This is day 6 and I still haven't got a call from the shop even telling me even if they work on the motorhome.  I was getting prices 55 gallon drums in case I have drop the gas tank myself.  It's looking to be about $80 new for something that I can't use again.  That's not even including the motor I'll have to buy and it will probably only be used once.

I purchased two new lug nuts today to add to the 3 other's that I already have.  Yesterday, I purchased 10ft of 3/4th wide galvanized pipe at Home Depot.  I had the clerk cut, thread and oil it in to 2 - 3ft sections and left the remainder.  I got a 3/4th coupler so I can screw two of the 3ft sections together to make a pole that will go around one of my breaker bars to give me more leverage.

By them coming apart, there's a better chance that I can store these out of the way somewhere in the motorhome.  But more immediately, I need it for my 2008 Chevy HHR.  It likes to round off lug nuts these days.  My Damaged Nut/ Bolt socket set from Sears comes in 3/8ths drive.  Usually, breaker bars are only sold in-person in 1/2" drive.  Because I had one to spare, I used a silver 1/2" to 3/8" drive converter.  But all that force snapped the head on the converter.  And I was pretty sure it was going to do that, but like I said, I had one to spare so I guess I just wanted it to humor me.

I have a pneumatic 1/2" to 3/8" converter, which is a black colored socket.  It should stand the test that that torque, but it didn't ship until today and the Chevy's wheel might not wait that long.  So, I got a 3/8" braker bar from Sears yesterday, but it's only about 15" long.  And that's what necessitated getting the galvanized pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment