Search This Blog

2016/08/06

Log 2016080601

My tool kit consists mostly of metric sockets.  And that's because prior to the motorhome, my 2008 Chevy HHR and Harbor Freight 4 x 8 Utility Hauling Trailer took mostly metric.  In the event I ever needed an SAE tool, I bought them one by one.  That's because with the car and trailer, sometimes, there isn't any weight to spare for extra sockets.

My current gear and tool bays are 4' x 3' x 3'.  Even one of them won't fit in the HHR's tailgate.  So if the motorhome does tow the car on a dolly, I may have to use different containers to redesign the tool and gear storage so that they fit within the unique curvature of it.  And if it does tow, then trailer won't be available.  Basically, it's still "doable," it's just doing it under different circumstances.

Right now, the car has stripped lug nuts on the right rear wheel.  That tire also has a slow leak in it.  I have a Damaged Nut/ Bolt Set from Sears with a socket that fits, but they take a 3/8ths driver.  So, I got a 3/8ths breaker bar that I intend to get a pipe around and break the bad nuts off.

I ran some of HP's stock diagnostics on the hard disk drive and memory.  But I noticed that my HP Pavilion 2000 - BF69WM laptop's performance with a Windows 10 overlay installation improved when I did I ran part of a "Run In" test.  I didn't have time to run that test completely because it's very lengthy and I needed the laptop back for some tasks I was going to perform.  But, I'm still not doing well running Internet videos over Wi-Fi on good signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment