Search This Blog

2016/08/24

Log 2016082301

With the motorhome back in storage and it only costing me $88 for a diagnostic, I moved on some purchases today.  At Walmart, I purchased a new Bluetooth receiver to replace the stereo in the motorhome.  I also got it a two year replacement plan.  Then I drove out to Micro Center and purchased a copy of Windows 10 for The Robot, a sliding drawer for it's keyboard and 2 - 7 port USB hubs.  One was needed to replace the one that's attached to the underside of the tray on the laptop arm.  The other is to be mounted in the motorhome's breakfast nook, either under the table, or under the seats.  They feel heavier than hubs that I'm use to.  For a computer guy, heavier is usually better because it indicates that the product might be made out of superior materials.

Windows 10 installed in The Robot with issues.  Apparently, one of the other hard disks in the chassis is set to boot.  So, I just unplugged them except the master disk.  I got my copy on a USB disk.  The good news is that The Robot is currently a 32-bit system and the USB comes with that and 64-bit for when I upgrade in the future.  It cost about $116.

No comments:

Post a Comment