Search This Blog

2016/08/14

Log 2016081402

My operating system is still checking for updates, so the boredom drags on.  While I was at it, I checked Weatherbug. It's been raining with chances of lightning for the past week.  Looks like an opportunity might open up later this week for a transit hike from Burton 04 - Bedford 28 on both current maps. It's 17 miles long that comes around the Buckeye Trail's Northern Terminus at Headland's Beach State Park in Mentor of Lake County.  The Buckeye Trail is a 1,440 mile circle within the four corners of Ohio.  The historic Northern Terminus is where the BT's north meets the east.  Its just that the westbound along the north has to drop 65 miles SE before it actually heads west.

This is what I call the "Horn of the North" in the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource (OTHR).  This route goes from Mentor Avenue/ US-20 to Mentor Avenue.  The two sections are only about 4 miles apart and the local transit agency, LAKETRAN [coded on OTHR as T LTA (LT)], their best line: Route 01 runs said avenue.

I don't usually repeat hikes in areas that I've been to before, but I've never done this in the counter clockwise direction.  Anyways, I need to see what shape I'm in before I attempt hiking routes in South Central Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment