Search This Blog

2016/06/02

2016060102

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (tablet with Verizon cellular signal) is experiencing a slow drain about about 1% battery per every 20 minutes or so at an average 210mA charge with the screen jammed on.  The active applications running are:

Pandora Internet Radio
Locus Pro (mapping app)
Screen Manager (the screen jammer)
Ulysse Speedometer (my 1988 motorhome doesn't have a trip tick)

It's tethered to a bank of the weakest front side USB ports on my desktop computer.  These ports are wired to a connector that inserts into some pins on the motherboard.  They're not soldered like the back side ports are.  This is a good test because I know that the ports in the motorhome's cab can at least double the amperage.

The 4 port hub has a 5A in-line fuse.  If the smartphone is pulling 1.2A and the tablet does 0.7 to 0.8 on the same 2A power adapter, I should just be able to get another 2A adapter (from Verizon just to make sure it's the right one) and increase the in-line fuse to 7.5 or 10A.  If anything comes through that the devices can't handle. those lighter power adapters have surge protection themselves and should be able to handle a problem if one occurs.  It's protection if I'm wrong about going beyond 5A because the splitter might not be able to handle it and it might fail and smoke on me one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment