Search This Blog

2016/06/06

Log 2016060602

I just ordered an extension cable for the On-Board Diagnostics II (OBD II) port for my 2008 Chevy HHR LS.  The reason being is that months ago, I purchased an OBD II Bluetooth adapter that allows me to see how certain components of the engine are performing.  Normally, automotive shops use this for diagnostics.  But I plan to run mine all the time.  It will sync with the Bluetooth on my smartphone and display with an app.

The problem now is that my OBD II port is located next to my left leg in the driver's compartment and I'm afraid that I kick it and damage the adapter, or the port.  So I need an low profile extension cable to connect and redirect the adapter somewhere else.  There's been some posts online about people dismounting their ports so that it's free, but I'm just not comfortable with that.  Personally, I like the port being right where it is.

One of these days, I hope to find the OBD I port in my 1988 Ford Econoline 350 (E-350) cutaway and get a similar device that will Bluetooth to the tablet that I have on board.  At the moment, that's one engine that I would like more data on.

1 comment:

  1. The app "Torque Pro" was installed on my smartphone to display the HHR's engine data. Right now, I know the fuel gauge is be inaccurate both high and low.

    ReplyDelete