Search This Blog

2016/06/02

2016060201

I sprayed a bunch of old wasps nest under my 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome.  It's possible that there might have been 20 of them active on the under body at one point.  It would have taken an exterminator to get rid of them when they were live.  And they can be a bit hard to get rid of.  I'm very careful and I'm watching to see if one of them reanimates.  I have a little league tee ball bat, but sometimes it's just difficult to reach them with that.  what I need is a 4ft long 2x2, cut at an angle on one end and blunted on the other.  Most of them are mud dabbers with their straws, so they have to be scraped off.

Wait a minute... (they're mud) they could be washed off.

I just bought a 2 sets of Rhino Ramps rated at 16,000lbs per set.  The motorhome is only 11,500lbs.  When I was taking them to the register, one of the employees at the auto parts store said "you know that each of them is a set, right."  But he probably didn't know that I was lifting a motorhome with duallies (my motorhome is a 6 wheel vehicle with 4 in the back, or two on each side) on the on the back axle?

I got those because the rear axle is too low for me to crawl under far enough to see the front of the gasoline tank.  I went looking for the fuel filter earlier.  I couldn't find it.  Then I went looking for the fuel pump... I couldn't find that either.  From what I've heard with F-150's of this area, the fuel filter should be about 1ft behind the area where the driver's side seat mounts.  That would be nice if it's there, but I have ChiltonsDIY as my repair manual and it's on the Internet only.  It doesn't have many pictures.

I purchased an external wireless keyboard and touch pad combination for my laptop so I don't get it's keys dirty.  The auto parts store said that it could take 6 days for me to get a Haynes manual for the Econoline.  I'm not even supposed to be here now.

All I have to do is follow the fuel lines from the gas tank (pending that I can get close enough) towards the engine and I will arrive at the filter somewhere.  It will be nice to finally have it changed.  I normally work on the motorhome at my storage unit.  But lifting it there is out of the question.  It's an uneven dirt surface and the management doesn't want me doing it there.  So, I'm going to squeeze it in to another driveway and lift it there.

Because of it's age and the fact that I haven't seen the rear brakes yet, not knowing where the mechanism is, I'm not too sure about the parking brake cable.  But I have chalks and they'll work fine on the front wheels when the back end is up.  And then I believe that the transmission will hold it from there.

While I'm there, I might have a second person to help feed the spark plug wires, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment