Search This Blog

2016/06/04

2016060401

I took my 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome [with a 1988 Ford Econoline 350 (E - 350) cutaway] out for a drive on some some roads that had approximately 50 - 100ft elevation gains and after about 40 miles, it still had the same old problems accelerating and going up hill. It's definitely getting weaker. It almost barely made it back to storage.

About a mile from it, I barely made a turn on to a road on flat land and then into a parking lot.  I shut off the engine then realized that it cocked in the parking lot. Thinking that I was going to sit at the bar until the wrecker came, I turned the engine back over, but it in reverse and it started acting normal again.  At that point, I left, "made a run for it" and got back to the storage facility without a problem.

But out of curiosity, I put my hand on the hood and felt that it was hot. Now my temperature gauge in the cab has always read that it's been in the "normal" range. But there's two possible problems. One is that it's a 28 year old American auto. The other is that one of those dead mud dabble straw nests is insulating the sensor and fooling me into thinking everything is fine.

I can rule out the cooling fan because it's not electric. Instead it has a housing on the belt system that would have to run all the time.  Tomorrow, I plan on checking the levels and east color before I replace the fuel pump.

Lastly, with my new Insignia 6ft Coiled Car Charger MicroUSB, the Tablet held its charge. I couldn't measure the devices amperage because the battery was at 100%.  It runs on 12 watts and 2.4 ampres.

No comments:

Post a Comment