Search This Blog

2016/06/09

Log 2016060902

My e-mail is cleaned up.  I use an IMAP server that allows me to filter my messages into folders.  Between that and having unsubcribed from everything undesirable, it's much more manageable on my smartphone while I'm down trail.  Anyways, the filters have to be set from my laptop or desktop computers only.

Smartphones and library computers can be a asset to multi-day+ hikers particularly because they can send press releases.  There's even a way to use Internet services to send US Mail and facsimiles (faxes).  But here in Ohio, some of the libraries require that get a card with them to use a computer.  If you're a resident of Ohio and this is so, then what I've done was sign up for the card, used the computer and then surrendered it before I walked out.  If your not a resident of Ohio, you might not be able to get a library card in this state.

But most libraries in Ohio that I've been to down trail either don't require anything, or they have you take out what's usually known as a "guest pass."  Neither one requires residency.  Currently at this time, I do not have these card/ residency requiring libraries mapped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment