Search This Blog

2016/06/03

Log 2016060301


The fuel filter for my 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome is on the bottom.  And I believe that it's fuel pump on on top.  Don't quote me on the fuel pump as my HHR's is on the gas tank and I still need to put a few more hours in just exploring the Ford Econoline 350 side of the motorhome.  This was directly under the driver's seat on the inside of the beam on the driver's side of the frame.  I'm somewhat slender and I drug my back along the ground under the driver's side runner board to get to it.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough room to get a better shot, but this is looking from the front and to the rear of the vehicle.  The fuel filter is strapped to that triangular piece with a hose clamp feeding through it.


I changed the fuel filter on my 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome.  Because I'm slim enough, I was able to do it without putting it on ramps.  But the #1 & 5 spark plugs were in an awkward place.  They're on the engine block just forward of the firewall.  And the only way I could see them was through a hole in axle.  They're angled, so if I managed to get them off, I'm not sure that I could get the replacement's back on and not cross thread them.  I might be able to do this in the future, but right now, I think that I'd a mechanic.  But with some appointments coming up, I might try anyways?

I didn't have enough time to do a full road test today.  But the auxiliary generator easily turned over.  Since that piece of equipment is in back of the gasoline tank, it seems that the fuel line for it must be over 20ft long to meet to meet the fuel filter?

I guess so...  Both engines run much cleaner.  But with running out of time today, I'll have to put it on a shakedown cruise tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment