Search This Blog

2016/06/27

2016062701

It's not every day that Google Maps Engine produces a flawed track, but it did 2 of 4 on the Superior Hiking Trail today.  I could tell because both had errors in their elevation profiles.  There were places in them where the graph went vertical down and plateaued at the bottom.  It's 3:37am and Google's servers often get tied up this time of night.  I think I'll try again during daylight hours.  They might correct themselves.

Before I knew this, I tried to use the four unmerged tracks that I produced to get the total mileage, high and low points.  But they just have to be perfect in order to do them.  I checked those tracks with my USGS Topo overlay and those elevation profiles are definitely wrong.  And I wasn't able to correct one of them with a GPSVisualizer conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment