Search This Blog

2016/06/21

Log 2016062101


This is a snapshot on Google Earth of the North Country Trail in North Dakota's original (blue) modified (red) tracks.  I used Google Maps Engine snapped to roads feature to help eliminate some track segments.   The less I have, the better. Then I had to overtake five by hand.  So far, there's 66 tracks left.  My goal is to merge this state into one single track with a working elevation profile.  In order to do that properly with the least amount of errors, they'll have to be merged no more than 6 tracks at a time.

In NCT's direction of progression, everyone of those tracks must start in the east and terminate in the west. I routed the on road and part of one of the canals in the westbound direction, so their ready.  And I already know that one of the tracks is eastbound.  It and possibly the others will need to be reversed before a merge is attempted.  Some of the remaining original tracks might be very small.  They'll need to be overtaken by hand from a nearby track and deleted.

This data might get me an unofficial total mileage for this state and show me where the highest and lowest points are.

No comments:

Post a Comment