Search This Blog

2018/01/14

Unofficial Length: North Country Trail

I have an unofficial total length for the North Country Trail (NCT).  The date that this log entry was published was January 14th, 2017.  Including portions of the Adirondacks and the link to the Long Trail in Vermont (I don't know if they're built yet) my unofficial total length for the NCT is 4,809.41 miles/ 7,740 kilometers.

With those conditions in mind, I did not correct my merged tracks for the trail in Michigan because the state has NCTA issued half mile markers, which is all I need for the next phase of my project.  But the markers for this state don't always co-inside with the latest tracks.  But I have discovered that one of the webpages that I'm writing for Adventurer's Project, which details the length of each chapter and at-large area's span will still need my Michigan tracks to be corrected at some point.  So, I'll probably end up revising this total?


The NCTA's point data concerning parking was reorganized into states.  At some time in the future, I can be reorganized into chapters.  In doing things by chapters, when I give this data to others, they're computers will likely be of lesser design.  Breaking things down this way allows me (and possibly them) to only view items that they need at that given point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment