Search This Blog

2018/01/29

Motorhome Update 01/26/2018

My family mechanic friend got the drive axle pinned up today.  And in order to put a fuel cleaner and octane booster in it, I had to drive it a couple miles to get 17 gallons of gasoline.  The ride was a little bouncy, but that's because the tires were inflated below 70psi.  But one of the rear brake shoes is ceasing to it's drum and I was smoking it's brakes.  The gasoline sending unit still isn't working.  It's believed that Ford isn't making the sender for this Econoline anymore and he and I are hoping that the fresh gasoline will break the one that's in there free at some point?

He installed the new Bluetooth stereo and got started on the new CB with weatherband radio.  Looks like I'm going to have a 19 gallon fuel cell, sending unit and rear in-tank pump to sell on ebay now that he got my 38 gallon stuff working.

I think that we're going to spend most of February doing the interior?  I've gone in and out of state parks in the past, so I'm wondering if I should mount some Wi-Fi antennas?  I've already got unlimited data on Verizon and it can hotspot to the laptop when needed.  But the Wi-Fi might have better reception?

I'd like tile to be put in instead of carpet in case I come back from the trail muddy.  Due to water damage, the seams will have to be resealed and the walls will have to be rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment