Search This Blog

2018/01/29

Data Reorganizing, Motorhome CB, GPS Mile Markers Re-Labeling

-I just reordered my data so that it starts at the BT's southern terminus in clockwise order so that it reflects how I organized North Country's.

- ArcGIS Explorer has been discontinued, but I just downloaded ArcGIS Earth on the my laptop.  I don't know it's capabilities yet.

- The motorhome's new CB is powered up and one antenna mast is mounted.  I just purchased another new mast, splitter cable and 2 more mounts.  I also got some more

-Middlebury Land Trust and the Green Mountain Club's NCT route in Vermont mile markers have been re-labeled with their respective mileages.

- Central New York Chapter, an at-large section and Adirondack Mountain Club's mile markers have been re-labeled with their mileages. I'm about 43% done with NCT NYS.  Right now, my single track for North Country's concurrency on the Finger Lakes Trail is about 425 miles long.  It's the biggest track that I have on record (for any trail).   From the way it looks, it has a lot of markers because of how often it comes in and out of dispersed camping.  Markers pertaining to dispersed camping are laid at the beginning and end of continuous parcels where it's permitted.  I wish I had a solid 6 hours to commit to them, but something tells me that I'll have to do them over a couple of days.  I prefer going straight through and finish whole chapter/ partners/ affiliates.  But I'm feeling good about getting the Adirondack Mountain Club done.

So far in addition to what I've stated, I've got mile markers from the North Country Trail Association for North Dakota and Michigan.  The mile markers are complete for Ohio, including the Buckeye Trail now.  That leaves the Finger Lakes concurrency, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania left to re-label.  After those, it's on to the final leg of the project.

FYI... I don't think that I can release any data for the Finger Lakes concurrency considering that they are based on it's copyrighted work, which is not open to the public for free.  It's data can be purchased in the GPX format for maps M-1 through 22, then O1 & O2.  I don't believe that it comes with any mile markers, but it's maps may be of use for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment