Search This Blog

2018/01/21

NCT Minnesota Mile Markers Placed

The position of the digital mile markers in Minnesota are in place.  I wasn't going to overlay the state forest maps, but I changed my mind.  Then I realized that I didn't account for Minnesota DNR's camping shelters, so I went back and cataloged those, other backpack sites and parking areas.  At that point, I determined that I needed to go back through all three national forest websites and determine if I was missing campsites and picnic areas (parking)?  Minnesota really took a while and I'm glad that it's over. 

This state was kinda hard.  All the waypoints adding up and the shapes of six MN DNR divisions and 3 national forests, plus their roads and trails was really taxing The Robot.  I'm a volunteer.  With Wisconsin and Pennsylvania remaining, the worst is over for now.  The hardest part now will be backing down the track on the North Country's concurrency with Finger Lakes.  That's a 429 mile track with frequent markers.  I'm lucky I got 429 miles to merge.  You could probably thank Finger Lake's GIS for that.  They made it snap together so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment