Search This Blog

2018/01/25

Generic Legend

I started on writing a Generic Legend.  I was thinking about doing it in the properties of the waypoints, wrapping a polygon around the Buckeye, North Country and American Discovery Trails, or doing it with transparent state polygons so that it would always come up in something like a track listing on a GPS or smartphone.  But, I've decided to write a list to a separate file instead.

The mapping that I'm doing has to be encoded for use on a rudimentary GPS.  A campsite might come up as "C - Shelter."  Those with more sophisticated units will see the label, but also more appropriate icons.  ArcGIS, which makes basemaps, doesn't work on my computer.  If it did, I've heard that I could make them there and embed all of the icons on to it and it would probably work on any device?

No comments:

Post a Comment