Search This Blog

2018/01/23

Finished Mile Marker Positions - NCT and Motorhome Update

I finished placing the position of the digital mile markers for the entire North Country Trail.  But I'm going to take a break from the next phase of the project because I now need to track every alternate by-pass and spur along the American Discovery Trail.  I only got the main route last year.  I suppose it's probably going to take me until the end of the week to do that.  Releasing North Country's data should take place about a week before Valentine's Day.  That's just for the GPS data that's most relevant to hikers.  Getting the mock hike written simulation done by then... maybe, maybe not.  That could be tight?

The motorhome runs.  Even better than it ever has and it currently has a broken EGR valve.  I already have the replacement, but it's nut is ceased to it's right side breather tube that leads to the cylinders in the engine.  My family mechanic friend is waiting to take a hot torch to it to get it off. 

Meanwhile, we'll be dismounting the drive axle and taking it to a friend's garage where the U joints can be mounted.  Right now, the drive axle is disconnected from the rear one because my old U joint was very corroded and the wrecker (tow truck) had to take it apart in order not to destroy the drive train about 18 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment