Search This Blog

2018/01/14

Car Maintenance, BT Map & Guide, Easements

New winter windsheild wipers were installed and an anti-freezing agent was applied to the four door windows of my 2008 Chevy HHR at 191,457 miles.  I had a lot of laundry to do, so I'll get to get back to GPS mapping the North Country Trail when I wake up. 

Speaking of laundry, I know that when the Buckeye Trail map & guides get wet, then folded, they get sticky.  But I just accidently put one through the wash on a hot cycle with bleach, then ran it through the drier and ti came out undamaged.  These map & guide combination documents are printed on weather/ tear resistant paper and it just went through some harsh conditions.

An Ohio traffic conditions website was linked to the Adventurer's Project's unpublished website.  I hope that it will one day show if the trail in the community of Whipple is ever flooded out?  It also links to various street web cams in Marietta of Washington County.  Sometimes, the north of Ohio is under snow, while the south is clear.  I'm hoping that it might convince a hiker that the conditions are better?

On the Whipple Section, we're waiting on the news of some easements.  Other that that, it's internal business for now and I'm letting the powers that be take their time with it.  As a result, the hikers and myself inherit that situation.  We just have to sit back and let it do it's thing.  It beyond our control at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment