Search This Blog

2018/01/17

Public Parking Along NCT/ FLT

There are over 228 parking areas on the North Country's concurrency with the Finger Lakes Trail.  Right now, I'm measuring it at just over 429 miles long.  It's an average of one public parking place for every 1.88 miles.  I have the mile markers placed, but at 228 just for parking, it's going to be slow backing the track down and getting mileages in the triple digits with decimal places sometimes in the ten thousandths.

And for those of you following my progress in trying to write a mock hike written simulation of the NCT, the saga goes on.  This is lengthy when you have to compile the data and do the mock hiker.  These logs are detailing almost every step of the way.

I'll step out of this log's character and tell you something hypothetical.  I've got some people working on something that might permit me to program smartphones and GPS's for other hikers in one sitting.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment