Search This Blog

2019/08/29

Rear Speaker Wires Routed

I got the rear speaker wire routed in my 1987 Chevy G20 Sportvan.  My interior is stripped down to the metal, so I drilled holes in the upper sides and on one of the roof supports for zip ties.  I had to reroute my original plan so that the speaker wires didn't run parallel with the interior light and a custom 12V primary wire.  Those power wires run along the left side, while the speakers had to go right.  The trick now is to figure out how to route the wires in the passenger's side foot well to avoid the primary wire supplying power to my custom, dedicated front 12V power port?  Under the dash, I'll have to keep the wires somewhat slack to install the head unit and get it back out should I need to?

Tomorrow is a big day.  The primary 12V wire is already routed under the head unit, so that's where I'm going to get the head units "always on" power for it's clock since that wire goes directly to the battery.  I'm not sure if I'll have to fuse it?

Now, I have a fuse splitter for the block.  I don't have to go behind it and find out what's what?  I'm going to run primary power for 5 components off that one line.  I have a stereo head unit, tachometer, oil pressure, temperature gauges and a voltmeter.  All the components will need to be hooked to the light switch.  Then a few grounds will have to be run.

I'm looking forward to installing the water gauge and tachometer.  I have to drill quite a hole to get the temperature sensor out of the firewall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment