Search This Blog

2019/08/19

Items to Install and Storage

I have a big day later with my 1987 Chevrolet G20 Sportvan.  There's a whole list of things to do and the only thing that concerns the engine is hooking up my voltmeter, engine temperature, oil pressure gauges and the tachometer.  I have a 90° angler attachment for my drill and I already have a spot to slip the hose and electrical through the firewall. 

My bright lights aren't working right now.  And I have to test every fuse and check every relay.  I can install my 6in x 9in rear speakers and run their wires, but as for the 4in x 5in front speakers and the head unit, I might wait for that?  This van has been stripped down and the previous owner offered to help with the head unit.

It's an "absolute must" that I get my cigarette lighters working.  This is because if I get a puncture in a tire on some gravel road, I have the patch kit, but without 12V power, I can't use the inflation.  So, these power ports must get done.  And I might have to wire a port in the tailgate to make sure that

With my big bins in the back of the van, one of those is my gear bay.  One of the things that it holds is surplus items that I buy in bulk, such as shampoo, laundry detergent and cotton swabs.  The motorhome doesn't store these as well.  So the gear bay is my resupply point.

I've got all the items in the motorhome that I can think of that need to be transferred there in a pile.  This week, I'm expecting my Haynes Small Engine Repair Manual and the passengers side seat belt and buckle in the mail. 

People now and then use to take notice of my keys.  I have two sets.  One for the motorhome and the other for the van, trailer and all the locks that go with it.  Well, I put them on a diet and committed everything that no longer has anything to go with it, or my keys for up north on to one ring and put them into my safe.  They're much slimmer now.  I had some carabiners on the van's set that I moved to my surplus set.  As a hiker and maintainer, there's always a need for carabiners.

It's good to get this stuff out of the way.  This winter I had the overhead bunk stuffed with just about everything I could think of so that my electric heaters wouldn't have to heat that area.  Now, I just got the chance to get them out of the way. 

My storage unit is about an hour south of here.  I got it when I was living out that way.  And the reason why I kept it was that it can be difficult to get one of these and the south of the trail that I cover is much closer to it.  So, I would just have to stop by there when I was in the neighborhood.  But this past year, with my former Chevy HHR needing so much work and being virtually undriveable, it delayed this until now.

But since the HHR has a new owner and he has big plans for it, when I empty out the storage items out of the van at the storage unit, I can get him the HHR's back seats and one head rest that I took out of it.  He's got another set of 4 rims for the van that he said he'll give me and I'll have winter tires mounted on them.  I plan to pretty much hibernate then anyways, but I still have medical appointments that I might have to attend to about an hour away?

No comments:

Post a Comment