Search This Blog

2016/02/25

Log 2016022502

Just because it's a part of my volunteer equipment and these logs hit on a Google Search fast, I have a 20 year old HP Laserjet 4000TN commercial, black & white printer. On a high yield cartridge, I can get up to a 15,000 sheet yield out of one toner cartilage.  The last time I had it refilled, it cost about $43.  Installing it to Windows Vista was no problem.  But installing it to Windows 10 was a little tricky.  HP doesn't support past Windows 7 for this printer.  So what I did was manually install the driver right from it's file listing in Windows Explorer, right clicking on its .inf file and installing it that way.  Then I did a manual installation in Devices and Printers app and it picked it right up.

However, I had to cancel a print of OTHR's guide because it was spitting out blank sheets after Page 3.  Bi Directional Support on the printer port on the laptop is greyed out.  So, I installed Open Office on The Robot and opened the guide's rough draft from the cloud.  And it seems to be printing correctly now.

- One new chassis fan was mounted today, with a total of three that were connected to The Robot's power system.  That brings The Robot back up to a grand total of 11.

- A few modifications were made to the guide.  I had to write about newly found transit in the Oxford of Butler County and Macksburg of Washington Counties.

No comments:

Post a Comment