Search This Blog

2016/02/03

Log 2016020203

The Robot is set up enough now to work with the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource (OTHR)'s maps.  All I can say is "finally." Today, I purchased two licenses of DiskImage by LapLink, one for The Robot and the other for my laptop.  I once had a copy of Norton Ghost, which apparently is just like it.  It saved what's called an "image" of my hard drive to a file so that if anything happened to that computer, I could just re-instate the image and the result would almost be as my computer had never crashed.  It will save a lot of time, too.  In the recent past, I couldn't justify the expense of both licenses.  But in light of having to reprogram The Robot twice in 3 1/2 months, I decided that now was the time.

So, I installed it to both, but I haven't configured it yet.  I might be able to get the laptop to regularly save it's image to a specified location on The Robot over the network.  Then schedule The Robot to save a similar one in a similar location.  And since it's 4th hard disk drive is rather large, I might be able to use it as a retainer until I can manually copy, or move those files to my external hard disk drive somewhat irregularly.  This drive will ultimately reside in a fire proof safe, unless it's needed.

Since its going on to be February 3rd, it's difficult to say if the new edition of the OTHR will be published on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment