Search This Blog

2016/02/03

Log 2016020302

Today, I got something done.  I wrote the GPS tracks for the Chillicothe Transit System, which came in range of the Buckeye Trail (according to the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource) with it's Massieville County Route dial-a-ride type transit zone.  About a week or so ago, I called to request clarification because Massieville of Ross County is unincorporated and therefore doesn't have any municipal lines.  Since the parking area at Stewart Lake in the Scioto Trail State Park is in Ross County, I was told they would pick up there.  Stewart Lake is near the Scioto Trail Section of the Buckeye/ North Country/ American Discovery Trail.

Chillicothe of Ross County lost it's greyhound stop recently, but it's an excellent place to get lodging and resupply.  With that being said, about 7mi down trail clockwise/ westbound of the Stewart Lake area is an off & on-road intersection.  Because the GO Bus stop moved north from Piketon to Waverly (both of Pike County), it's now in range on foot despite the fact that non-Pike county residents (most transit hikers) lost access to local transit there.  But ultimately, I think that transit hikers actually gained more out of the arrangement as it is now.  And that's because Chillicothe is superior in the two ways that I just mentioned.

But with what little work that I got done today, it turns out that couldn't download my tracks from Google Maps to The Robot because there was something wrong with my Internet security suite.  So, I uninstalled, then reinstalled it and am now running a through scan (which might take half of the night to complete).

No comments:

Post a Comment