Search This Blog

2016/02/14

Log 2016021401

I got the last hard disk drive to install in The Robot, but I still couldn't get it to read when it was mounted to the RAID controler expansion card.  Instead, I had to wire it up to the motherboard, which means that I had to use a port that was originally for one of my optical drives (like a DVD drive).  Not to mention that I discovered that Windows failed to tell me that I'm missing some service packs.  They're being installed as I write this.

In the past week, I've been in contact with two prospective hikers.  One of whom I know is planning a trip on The Wilderness Loop.  I'm probably the second most tech saavy person on the Buckeye Trail Association.  And I've accumulated a wealth of GPS data.  And I finally got to help somebody with it.

For those of you reading this, if your in need of data, let me know.  Send me an email to whipple@buckeyetrail.org. And also let me know what Buckeye Trail maps that you own, or have on order.  I have placemarks/ waypoints that could help you out like post offices, libraries, commercial campgrounds, motels, hotels and bed & breakfasts within 4 miles of the trail.  It could save you some time as mapping sometimes takes a lot and gets little done.

No comments:

Post a Comment