Search This Blog

2018/03/16

TV Tuner USB

I purchased a WinTV-dualHD Dual Tuner USB today.  It it plugs into the laptop and has a female coax connector on it.  It was a really low priority, but I figured that when my mechanic and I replace the analog antenna and cable, that we're going to need something to test it with.  the problem is that this unit supplied me with an extending desk antenna.  I wrote to the company's tech support because I wasn't getting a signal.  But I just looked up the range for it and it's only 10 miles.  I'm probably 25 away from my local television station broadcast antennas?

He's coming by tomorrow to do some minor work on the motorhome.  I might drive out with the laptop just to confirm that the unit does work?  Then again, one of my nearby relatives uses a digital antenna and get a crystal clear picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment