Search This Blog

2018/03/28

Motorhome Rest Day

- I hold another post in the Buckeye Trail Association and I finished writing information and rearranging a document concerning the logistics of the circuit.

- It was a rest day for me and my mechanic on the motorhome.  He predicts that he has one day left.  Then my uncle is going to help me tile it's floor, hopefully this weekend?  I'm probably going to spend the next few days replacing the analog coax cable and mounting three antennas.  There's two for the the wi-fi/ cellular signal booster and the other one is the upgrade from analog to digital TV.  I have all the parts, they're just waiting to go in. 

I might be able to tape, or couple the digital coax from the outside and master bedroom, then go to the other end and just pull them through?  I've got a new faceplate to accommodate the some more ports that I wish to add to the current arrangement.  There's a breaker switch to the converter that needs replaced.  That piece of equipment is what converts AC power from what's known as the "shore cable," or the electricial line from the outside plug to the motorhome.  It also converts the DC power from the batteries to it's AC outlets.  At the moment, I'm convinced that the dual house batteries, which use 2 - 12V marine batteries have seen their last winter and are totally dead.  I'll probably have them replaced on Friday?

The motorhome is pending a windshield and full replacement of all seven tires.  It gets that seven by having 2 in the front, 4 in the rear (call "dualies") and one spare.  From what I've seen on line, tires have a 6 year life.  Mine are going on double that.  The ones that I have now are a rough ride for about 20 minutes until they warm up.

The overhead cab might be strong enough for me to sleep in?  I'm 6ft 6in tall and it's difficult to get up and down from, so, I'd like to sleep up there.  That leaves the master bed and the table which sets down lower and the cushions convert to a bed.  And I might have hikers stay with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment