Search This Blog

2018/03/11

Highway Mile Markers, Roadside Camping, Caldwell Lake

I just got done writing tracks and getting mile markers for the various state highways on the Road Fork and Whipple Sections - Buckeye Trail (North Country concurrent).  I think I remember someone saying that the mile markers on the ground aren't exact, but I think that having a ballpark estimate would help with overlaying Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) maps for locations near the trail.

I just crashed Google Earth moving items from Whipple's maintenance folder to Adventurer's project.  For you folks who are not familiar with advanced GPS mapping, that means that that folder is very big.  Then I did it again, I took my hands off of the keyboard, trackball, waited and again Google Earth crashed.  Since this application doesn't have a multiple select option, I had to move the items over one at a time.

-Roadside camping in The Wayne is permitted according to https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5068388.pdf.  It's being grouped in with dispersed camping under the heading "Primitive Camping."  And the advisory concerning the surface streams is in this document.

- I now have a property polygon (shape) for Caldwell Lake on the Road Fork Section.  Trail building there is scheduled for October and camping anytime is not permitted there.


No comments:

Post a Comment