Search This Blog

2018/02/17

Motor home Transmission Filter and Shakedown Cruise 02/17/2018

The transmission filter was replaced. Stand by for an odometer reading. I put the motorhome with my mechanic on the freeway today and it had a hard time going above 55MPH. He said that something on the passengers side was vibrating and we're looking into transmission related problems, but I'm braced for replacing the transmission. But the engine sounds good. When I switched from the motorhome to my car to move it, I smelled something. My mechanic said that one of the new brake shoes was rubbing and that he'll have to readjust it later.

There's a ticking noise when it drives. My mechanic said that it's in the exhaust header. And he didn't seem like it absolutely needed replaced, but he said if I want it done that the bolts will likely snap and that he'll have to use a tap and dye set to drill them out.

Meantime, I pulled a bunch of auto parts that I don't need and don't have receipts for. I'm going to put them up for sale or auction on eBay.  And I tried tuning the CB, but it has built-in diagnostics and it's antennas came back as failed.  Looks like I'll have to replace a couple pieces of hardware or add a ground wire directly to the body?

I'm getting closer to having the interior remodeled and reupholstered. My mechanic said that he's going to mount the wi-fi/ cell signal booster antenna to the outside chassis at the overhead compartment. When it comes to punching bolts through, the remodeling is the right time to do it.  It's the right time to replace the brake, reverse lights and side markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment