Search This Blog

2018/02/26

Exhaust Header and Mackinaw Bridge Walk

There's been some trouble today mounting an exhaust header to the engine.  I think yesterday (or the day before) I had to get gaskets for both the right, left bank and throttle body manifold.  I think my mechanic got the right bank somewhat mounted and should finish tomorrow.  The right bank had the EGR valve and tube and there might have been something else different with it?  I know from having  worked inside the dog house and having tried to change the spark plugs and wires that this is a difficult side of the engine to access.

I forgot to bring my Mechanix gloves with me to the storage unit today to see if one of my house batteries has a leak?  My mechanic seems to think that I do?  I'm planning to buy a battery charger in about 3 days.  I tried recharging my portable jump box, but it had a malfunction.  That's the second one in four years that I've gone through.  I'm really leaning on getting a corded battery charger, but they can't go on an extension cord because they draw too many amps.  So maybe, I'll just get another portable unit?  I don't want to get one that's on wheels because it's not very portable.

I just got a notice regarding the walk for the Mackinaw Bridge for September 3rd.  I've scheduled it and considering that we'll have to cross Ohio, probably diagonally to get there, I might pick up others along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment