Search This Blog

2018/02/12

NCT MI Tracks Corrected and Adventurer's Project

My North Country Trail GPS tracks for the State of Michigan are now corrected.  The mock hiker written simulation can now continue because the bog just broke.  To bring some of you up to speed, the "mock hiker" is a document that details the daily mileages and camping/ lodging of a hiker who will never see the trail.  It has rules to keep me in bounds.  Buckeye Trail is my "first language," so I'm getting familiar with North Country.  And ultimately, I'm trying to predict when their hikers will arrive in SE Ohio.  I have mapped out a hiker early warning system, but North Country's end of is imprecise at the moment because I still don't know how it flows.

I'm just really through.  This document needs to be done westbound and east bound.  But I'll be doing nothing but it from now on.


I want to take this time to write one thing about Adventurer's Project.  Starting a chapter in Marietta/ Parkersburg is going to be a different kind of challenge compared to what I believe that we're use to on the BT.  That's because unlike other chapters, this area doesn't have a whole lot of existing support in the area.  So the members that it gets are probably (and literately) going to have to come right off of the streets as apposed to Buckeye or North Country Trail Association's roster.   That's probably more from scratch that it's use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment