Search This Blog

2018/02/05

NCT Mapping Project Complete

I just found the easy way to make digital mile markers.  I used http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input and in the "[+] Show Advanced Options," there's a field for "Add equal-interval tickmarks as waypoints."  It can do it distance, or time, so I just loaded my chapter tracks one by one and set the interval to "0.1" and it gave me mile markers every tenth of a mile.  I'm several days ahead of schedule now.  That was ridiculously easy.  It took about 7 years to to finish reorganizing the NCTA's data.

I'm now heading into the final phase of my project, which is to create a mock hiker written document.  That will simulate a thru, end-to-end hike on the North Country Trail by the minimum daily mileage needed to cover it within about a 7 month window of execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment