Search This Blog

2017/01/31

Photos Finally Organized and Smartphone Issue

I finally organized all of the photos on The Robot.  The ones that need to be done on my smartphone and laptop have yet to be moved.  Next task with these is naming them so that I can use the operating system's native search function to find them later and faster.

I'm curious to see how many of them are geotagged?  That's the primary reason for doing this.  And some of them that aren't, I can embed a tag after the fact.  Those that are tagged can be imported into Google Earth.  When The Robot had a different configuration, I did this.  But their Google Earth properties are based on the previous file structure and those embedded placemarks might not read anymore.

Visual maintenance records for the Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country Trail are among them.  I'm hoping to take plenty of geotagged photos when I hike through the rest of the Scioto Trail, Sinking Spring and West Union Sections - Buckeye/ North Country/ American Discovery Trail.

A member of the Buckeye Trail Association's Facebook group recently just got his first smartphone.  The question is could one last 10 years.   And I'm skeptical that one could go that long.  I have one now that was on the market maybe 3 or 4 years ago.  And right now, I'm having problems with it's 25GB of internal memory.  The internal memory can't be upgraded and many apps force themselves to be installed there. And now, my operating system won't read the two drives when it's tethered.

No comments:

Post a Comment