Search This Blog

2017/01/06

Log 2017010101

I'm impressed with how The Robot processed it's system maintenance today.  It was rather expedient. But I was surprised with how fragmented two of it's hard disk drives were. The laptop is still chugging along, but in comparison, it always has.  It has a cheap AMD dual core processor.  The best thing I can say about it is that it has 8GB of memory.

The laptop's purpose is to serve as a second screen at Home Port, otherwise, it just has a reduced role on the road.  It's performed admirably.  I don't even like AMD's.  The only reason why I bought it was because it was on sale at Walmart on Black Friday 2012 and my previous unit was having problems with it's power button.

The Robot is still running without the manufacturer's drivers for it's motherboard and graphics cards.  But considering the problems that I had with the previous installation of the operating system, for now, I'm willing to "let sleeping dogs lie."

My prior lower back injury took years to heal.  Now, it just needs to heal.  Pretty much, my doctors are just telling me to use a machine to work it out.  But I might as well hike.  On some lengthy routes, it should strengthen it?  But I have a smaller living space and things here at home port are still kind of cluttered.  My queen size box frame and mattress is lifted about 36" off the floor with my custom bed frame.  Most of my gear is in the storage area underneath.  I'm "fighting" to get it cleared right now.

I have doubts that the clutch is going to make it much more in my 2008 Chevy HHR LS.  And I know that the wheel barrings in the front and the brake shoes in the back are about to go.  It might be time for rear drums, too?  They were squeaking quite a bit recently.  The car has about 178,000 miles on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment