Search This Blog

2017/01/09

Log 2017010901

For my previous attempt at a transcontinental hike that routed over the International Appalachian Trail - Newfoundland & Labrador, Maine, Appalachian, Long, North Country, Buckeye, Superior, Border, Kekekabic, Continental Divide and Pacific Northwest Trails.  Being new and having to learn how to do GPS mapping too way too long.  And when it was time to launch, it still wasn't done right.

I know what to do.  Unfortunately, I'm a long ways off from doing it.  It's the amatur GPS mapping class.  I hope to host it near my part of the Buckeye/ North Country Trail in the Mid-Ohio Valley (Marietta (OH)/ Parkersburg (WV) area.  Afterwards, I can upload a video for those elsewhere around the world.  This class will likely require an overnight and take at least two days.  I'll probably have to schedule a hike in between just to give them a diversion from all that I'm going to load their brains up with. But the benefit of being there might be so that the participants can ask questions.

I'm always on the lookout for a future Buckeye TrailFest location near New Matamoras, Caldwell, McConnelsville, Athens, Marietta and Belpre of Ohio, then New Martinsburg, Middleborne, Ellenboro, Elizabeth, St. Marys, and Parkersburg of West Virginia.  The TrailFest has specific needs.  It needs to primitive camp about 50 tents, have indoor sleeping accommodations for about 15, space for 7 RV's, 6 small classrooms, or chambers that can be converted to it, a kitchen and enough indoor seating.  A chamber needs to be used for a indoor reception area.  There also needs to be an indoor shocase area that's about 200sq feet in size.  It will then need a room of about 300sq feet for an auction.

The last TrailFest was supposed to be SE Ohio's, but it ended up in Zoar of Tuscarawas County because finding a facility like this in SEO has been very difficult.  If you know of a facility, please contact me at edmondsmd@othr.info.

No comments:

Post a Comment