Search This Blog

2017/01/05

Log 2017010501

The American Discovery Trail (ADT) - West Virginia is routed through the Cheat/ Potomac Ranger District of the Monongahela National Forest.  Another NFS webpage lists Cheat and Potomac as having two different ranger districts.

I've been working with Google Earth and my ADT - WV GPS track.  In the westbound direction for generally 10 mile per day hikers, beginning in Maryland at Segment 4 - Mi 164.67, there is an amenity gap for 66.82 total miles into West Virginia.

Assuming that the thru hike rate in this part of West Virginia is 15 miles per day, with amenity spurs no longer than 3mi, I work with a 3mi reserve, total daily output not to exceed 18.0 total miles, then I am aware of an amenity gap at this rate in the Keyser, WV area.  But I'll be going off the bed soon and I might not get back to this project for weeks.  That's unless somebody needs logistical assistance, then maybe sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment