Search This Blog

2017/01/17

Log 2017011701


I just finished tracking Iowa and Nebraska on the American Discovery trail.  As you see, I use red.  It's kind of an Ohio thing.  Buckeye and North Country's track colors are that of their blaze paint.  ADT doesn't blaze, so I just assigned them as red so that white can be reserved as the inverse color for by-passes and spurs.

For the ADT, I only have Ohio's done. And for the most part, BT/ NCT doesn't use them.  When an ADT adventurist has a question about the concurrency, they should contact Buckeye.  That's because Buckeye mostly administers the route there.  Trail maintenance is Buckeye only.  Buckeye has more many more volunteers.  There other examples as well.  But those bypasses are ADT only.  I don't suppose that BT people are going to know much about them.  And as for the ADT's Facebooks, another and myself are the only ones out here.  If a question occurs regarding those by-passes, we might be the only readily accessible people who'd know who'd know anything about them.  On Buckeye Trail's Facebook group, a question concerning these could arise.  In which case, they might need a translator (me).

So far, I've got everything between Delaware and the Denver area tracked.  I have no idea how big this loop is, yet?  I'm not planning on traveling it.  The next step is track the Western Region and then I'll be complete.  The second phase is to continue populating my camping/ lodging data.  Once that's done, I can write a mock hiker document, determine what it takes to get across the trail in 6 months and if there's any need for amenity improvements?  If there are, could public transit solve some of those issues?

The only place that I don't have any data for on this map is Clark State Forest on ADT Indiana's South Mid-West Route.

No comments:

Post a Comment